Friday, March 30, 2012

Crossing off the To Do List!

So spring had sprung....




And I got motivated to get my butt in gear and get some things crossed off my to do list. The problem is that Scott and I have hardly had a minute to breath for the last few weeks! I know this is the story of my life but it's TRUE! So I just wanted to share a few of the happenings in this house over the last few weeks! So once we got St.Patty's and Scott's deep frying frenzy(thanks for lending us that contraption James!) out of the way we headed to Toronto last weekend to see Motocross!! It was insane, the sound of the motors alone was enough to throw your senses overboard but then they fly around this track at 80km/h and you just hold your breath when someone bails that they don't get flattened by their competition! I had a video to post for you to see the start of the race but I can't get it off my cell and onto my iPad so just come over and see it! Lol :) While in TO we of course did some shopping and stumbled across this line of lemonades! There was a NEON pink, green, blue, yellow and green and I wanted them all but I settled on this 3 melon lemonade and it was delicious!




Try it out if you seem them!
Once back at the house we realized Clay has moved on from the shower and has now discovered the toilet! Every time you flush the damn thing he is at your legs to get to the bowl, doesn't even give me a chance to get off the toilet first!








What a cutie though! I really am in love with him!
Next I forced Scott to take me to the dollar store for some organizing material to do this:




I don't have a before shot but lets just say everything fell on you when you opened the door! It was awful! Now everything has a place and even 2 weeks later it is still looking this awesome! This cupboard and the simplicity it brought to the baking aspect of my life really kick started and organizational frenzy! But best of all it made cooking this delicious little things that much easier:



If you have yet to try the box cake mix and a can of pop when making cupcakes, you must try it! You will fall in love, this time around I tried out some chocolate cake batter with cherry coke :) mmmmmm! Find a similar recipe here on Cookie and Cups awesome blog!

So on the same organizational note I also paired down the bathroom built ins from this disaster:



To this:











How rocking is that? Now don't ask me to actually clean anything but I could organize all day! Hehe, makes Scott made though because A) he hates a dirty house no matter how organized the cupboards are and B) he has a small hoarding problem and cannot part easily with anything! I had to draw the line a vitamins that expired 5 years ago and that he has not taken since we met almost 4 years ago!

Next up Scott put the chalkboard table to good use and had a friend come over and help us draw up some deck plans!



We are super excited to get going on the backyard and have you all over for a Big BBQ with all these great ideas! Will keep you all updated on the transformation as we go! Dismal before photo this week!!

Lastly for this lengthy too long coming post, we have Scott and I's first Year of Dates DATE! On March 31st! Haha

This time around we kept it simple with dinner, a few movies and some get to know you quizzes!






No worries I changed the title of the quizzes from "Do You Know Your Wife?" to "Do You Know Your Common Law Partner?" to keep things safe for Scotty!




Hoppy Easter and get out there like "dumb and dumber" here and enjoy this awesome spring weather!

Xoxo

Emma B

No comments:

Post a Comment