Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beachy Waves!? Part 2

Good Morning! It's Friday people!!

Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday but by the time I got home from work around 9 I was falling asleep in my dinner and well you know those horsies on TV were calling to me! ;)

So better late than never, here we go! (if you have no idea what I'm talking about check out Part 1 HERE.)

Ok wait....one more thing! Sorry! Mornings aren't my best time of day so don't mind the grumpy looks I couldn't force myself to smile at 6:30!




First things first, I donned my favorite shower cap that Scottie bought me for Christmas to protect my braids in the shower. Then I got dressed so you all didn't have to see me naked (you can all thank me later :) ) and unbraided my hair.

For Part 2 you will need the following:




Your triple barrel curler and hairspray. This Tresemme is my fav and actually keeps my hair somewhat frozen in place, which is big for this head of uncurl able haiR! If you are wondering what is under my curler that is one of my Xmas gifts from Scott's mommy! It's a silicone rolling pin cover but as she explained to me when I opened it and tried to hide my confusion as to why I did not get a rolling pin too, it is great to keep your straightener and such from burning surfaces and it also helps you throw that hot straightener in your luggage right after you use it once you put the straightener inside it (instead of the rolling pin lol). Get one, works like a dream!

So once my "style pro" heated up I separated my hair into 2 sections and "crimped" the tops and bottoms of each section of hair. Just work your way around your head, only took me max 10 mins. Then I did a little teasing, which I also learned off of a YouTube vid but do you think I can find it now, NO!



And voila...







So when all is said and done, I liked the simplicity of the method but it just didn't do as much curling in my hair as scrunching I guess. Here a few things I would do next time to make it look even better:

- braid my hair in smaller pieces
- put some mousse in it before braiding
- make sure it is completely dry before you take it out in the morning

Overall I give this styles a: 2/5!



Could really get the same curl just by going to bed with my hair wet really!

But nevertheless I will try it again and see if I can make it work for my hair a bit better. If you have very thin hair this should work magic for you!

GottA go to work now, have a good weekend!

Emma B

No comments:

Post a Comment