Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pinteresting Weekend!!

Hello all! Hope you are getting super stoked for your upcoming Canada Day long weekend :) On the topic of weekends, I had a very busy, yet creative weekend past!! I wanted to share with you 3 of may favourite pins last week that I turned into reality on the weekend...


1. dIY dISHES


I have seen this idea a few times on Pinterest and since we had a wedding present to concoct for Saturday I thought I would give it a go!


Find the pin here!


First things first, I needed to decide what type of dish. I found these mugs at the Superstore for $2 and loved that they stacked!! My cupboard of mugs drives me up the wall b/c they all are precariously perched on top of one another :S





After some doodling and Scott's input(or so I let him think!) I was off to the races...





Here is what I came up with!! You could definetly tell they were hand made as the designs weren't perfect but I think that makes them even cuter! One thing to keep in mind is that until you bake them the Sharpie will rub off super easy, learned that the hard way :(




I added a few special touches...an <3 E&S so they never forget who made those awesome cups for them...and a "plz handwash me" to ensure the design stays on as long as possible!!





Then I baked them for 30 mins at 400 degrees...k maybe 27.5 as we had to run to the wedding!! I had to wrap them in tea towels until they cooled down enough to wrap them in the car between the cermony and reception :S We added a Home Depot GC to his mug and a Winners GC to hers!!


I want to wish Vicky and Zeljko the most happiness in their new adventures as a married couple and I was honoured to be part of their special day! X0X0






2. tHE bRAID bUN bANG


While my mugs were a cookin' I whipped my hair up into a sock bun and added a small braid to give it a bit more pizazz!

Find this pin here!

Here is what I came out with! It looked super cute at home...but my the time I got to the wedding it was a messsss! Scott had to drive there with no top on the Jeep! I had fly aways galore! But I loved it nevertheless! And super super super easy!






3. kISS wATERS

This pin was all over the place last week and since Scott is drinking my bank account dry with the amount of Gatorade he is consuming, I decided to give these babies a try!!

Find this pin here!


I decided to do the ALL CITRUS and the RASBERRY LIME to start! I added some mint to the Rasberry one too as I didn't know if Scott would like the herb ones or not. I found the 1L jars at my local Home Hardware...and although I purchased the plastic lids to use I found they weren't a super good seal like the metal!




We each took a jar Monday and Tuesday and both agreed the citrus was the winner!! I liked the Rasberry Lime too, but not so much the mint!! Scott doesn't take a straw with his and said he was eating mint all day!! HAHA Sorry babe! Gonna whip up some more concotions tonight and test them out...I'm thinking Watermelon and something maybe?!


Any suggestions?! Honey maybe?!








Well that was all 3! Hope you guys liked them and got some ideas of your own!! Here are a few more pins I want to try out ASAP!


Pinned Image   Rope towel rod
 Crescent Rolls with Spinach, Feta and Mozzarella .... I've been wanting to try some spinach recipes. Looks good. Crunch Peanut Butter Chex mix (with Reese's pieces) this link has so many trail mix ideas... 
 White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria DIY Tank tops:

Check me out on Pinterest for all the links to the above!! @emmabean47


What are some of the pins you want to try out soon?! Or have tried and love?!


Have a great long weekend!! We are off to a wedding in Toronto!!


XOXO Emma B






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment